DIY Pinterest wall
I have been loving putting my New York blogger (notions) bedroom together on a budget. I really enjoy the DIY section of my blog and I am always getting new ideas for it. Admittedly, lots of these ideas consist of covering various objects in marble contact paper and rose gold spray paint but I am trying to branch out I swear! With this in mind no marble or rose gold appear in this DIY. Part of any good bedroom will contain a Pinterest wall. What I mean by this is a collage of framed beautiful images and inspiring quotes. When this stylish look can be achieved with a trip to the Dollar Store/€2 Shop, whats not to love. I gave it a shot and I am delighted with my DIY Pinterest wall.
What You Will Need
- Frames (A variety of sizes and colours)
- Images (Photos, Art, quotes, whatever takes your fancy)
- Command Strips
- Measuring tape
- Masking tape
- Choose your frames. I went for a black,white and gold theme. I picked up a few different sizes.
- Pick your images. I went for an old family photo, one of my favourites. My favourite inspirational quote “I Can & I Will”. (This quote was brought to my attention by Gina Rodriguez in her 2015 Golden Globe speech. I have been obsessed with her and her TV show “Jane the Virgin” ever since. I was lucky enough to met her on the tube in London last June when I was over to meet a friend. It was a split second meeting but she was really nice. Who is lucky enough to meet their hero? And for them to be so lovely? I guess I am! ) A fashion illustration from an Art Deco calendar. A miniature fan that was brought back by my Aunt from Japan. And a good old black and white leaf pic. I think the images work really nicely with the frames in terms of colour and this will give the end result an overall unity. There is no need to spend to much money on the images. Look around your room or your house for things you already have and love and give them a new lease of life in a new frame.
- Figure out which image works best in which frame. This was a bit of trial and error for me but I think I worked it out.
- I used the measuring tape and masking tape to make sure that that Japanese fan and the image from the Calendar were perfectly centred and secured in their frames.
- Cleaning the glass of the frames with Windex is really handy for making sure you get rid of any evidence of fingerprints after handling the frames.
- I then began to try and figure out what layout I was going to settle with. I tried a few options but I liked having the biggest frame in the middle, the most. I then staggered the smaller frames around the central one. Having one black and one gold frame on each side.
- I used these Command velcro strips to hang my frames. I find them really ease to use and they are very secure. I used them before to hang my full length mirror and they worked perfectly.
- If you are like me and you can stand a wonky picture frame on a wall, I suggest downloading a spirit level app on your phone to help you avoid that situation. I downloaded the iHandy Level app for free and it helped me so much.
- I left about an inch between each frame so they have their own space but they are close enough together to look unified.
- Bask in the glory of your beautiful, personalised DIY Pinterest Wall!Give this method your own twist and see what you come up with.
Let me know if you try something similar.
Thanks for Reading!