Rose gold and marble is obviously one of the most popular home decor trend around at the moment and I can’t help but absolutely love it. So one of the things I was excited to do when I got to New York was to decorate my NY bedroom. But I didn’t want to break the bank doing it. Money disappears fast enough in New York without me forking out the dollars to make my room look pretty. So over the next few weeks I will share some DIY projects I did to get the rose gold and marble look without paying the rose gold and marble price! The process I used was really simple and can really be applied to anything. So long live the rose gold and marble trend as far as I’m concerned!
2. I separated the clock into it’s different pieces
3. I got myself some rose gold spray paint in Home Depot for $6
4. Find some old sheets or cardboard to do your spray painting on
5. Make sure you are outside or in a well ventilated area, I set myself up beside an open window
6. Spray the hands and the body of the clock. I did a few layers waiting for each layer to dry between application
7. Wipe away any drips and leave to dry for 24 hrs
8. Get your marble contact paper ready to go
9. Use the plastic face of the clock as your template to draw around
10. Place your circle in the centre of the clock and press down with your finger.
11. Cut a small hole where a mark was made
12. Peel the back from the contact paper and carefully apply using a credit card size object to get rid of any air bubbles
13. Place the hands back where they belong and put back on the plastic face
And there you go! You have very simply created something that looks super expensive and stylish. I love this DIY and I think it really gives a stylish boost to my room. Let me know if you try this project or any other rose gold and marble makeovers.
Thanks for reading xxx